Science 2.0 Conference 2015
The 2nd “International Science 2.0 Conference” will take place from March 25 to 26, 2015 in Hamburg. The day before, on March 24, a Barcamp Science 2.0 will be held in conjunction with the conference.
This year’s conference aims to discuss Science 2.0 in the context of related and already established topics, such as Citizen Science, Open Access or Big Data Analysis.
One of the highlights of the conference will be the opening talk of Jean-Claude Burgelman, Head of Unit A6 “Science Policy, Foresight and Data” of the European Commission, on 25 March 2015.
Jean-Claude Burgelman will present the results of the Europe-wide “Public Consultation on ‘Science 2.0’: Science in Transition” for the first time at the 2nd “International Science 2.0 Conference”.
Jean-Claude Burgelman is presently Head of Unit Science Policy, Foresight and Data in DG RTD. He joined the European Commission in 1999 as a Visiting Scientist in the Joint Research Centre (the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies – IPTS), where he became Head of the Information Society Unit in 2005. In January 2008, he moved to the Bureau of European Policy Advisers (attached to the president of the EC) as adviser for innovation policy. Since 1-10-2008, he joined DG RTD, as advisor and then Head of Unit in charge of top level advisory boards like the European Research and Innovation Area Board, the Innovation for Growth Group and the European Forum for Forward Looking Activities. (Photo: private)
Further confirmed speakers:
- Professor Alexander Grossman, ScienceOpen, Germany (@scipublab)
- Professor Stefanie Lindstaedt, Know Center, Austria
- Professor Geoffrey Rockwell, Department of Philosophy, University of Alberta, Canada (@geoffrockwell)
- Dr Laurent Romary, Institut national de recherche en informatique et en automatique (INRIA), France (@laurentromary)
- Dr Christin Seifert, Media Computer Science, University of Passau, Germany
- Professor Eric Tsui, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (@eric_yh_tsui)
A complete list of speakers and the full programme of the conference will be released soon.